- SUITABLE FOR POWDER OR GRANULES
- ALUMINIUM OR STAINLESS STEEL CONSTRUCTION
- CHOICE OF DIAPHRAGM MATERIALS
- SIZES 100 – 300MM
- MANUAL OR PNEUMATIC OPERATION
- TYPE SL – DESIGNED FOR IBC OUTLETS
The concept of the Iris Diaphragm Valve is very similar to that of the iris of a camera.
Materials of construction are Cast Aluminium, 304 or 316 Stainless Steel. Diaphragm materials are chosen to suit the application and include: nylon, polyurethane coated nylon, latex food quality rubber and silicone food quality rubber
A guide sleeve passing through the orifice of the valve can be fitted as an option. This avoids the product directly contacting the diaphragm, thereby enhancing the life of the diaphragm.
A cylindrical, flexible diaphragm is fitted with flanges at both ends. The flange at the upper end is held stationary while the flange at the lower end is rotated so as to twist the diaphragm. This results in an effective locking and unlocking arrangement which controls the flow of material through the diaphragm.
If ordered for use on Intermediate Bulk Containers (IBCs) this valve is supplied with the following special features:
- Specially designed handle with Celcon/Polycarbonate trigger
- Three locking positions at the closed end
- Quick release transit cover (optional) for extra security during transportation and ready for sampling